Get Natural Relief From an Auto Accident Injury With Our Chiropractor at Brainard Chiropractic in Fremont, NE
At Brainard Chiropractic, Fremont chiropractor team Dr. Troy Brainard and Dr. Keith Chvatal want everyone to realize how important auto accident injury care is. If left unresolved or undiagnosed, a small auto accident injury can easily lead to significant stress, strain, and long-term complications down the road.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury
Even small fender benders can lead to auto accident injury! The following conditions are ones we see often:
- Whiplash: this "acceleration/deceleration" injury happens when a sudden stop or change in direction causes the neck to rapidly flex forward and backward. Symptoms and associated complications include joint subluxations, disc herniation or bulge, headaches, jaw pain, ringing in the ears, shoulder pain, mental fogginess, difficulty sleeping, concussion, and neck stiffness.
- Back pain: your back can easily become sore and tense following an auto accident simply out of sheer physical and mental stress. We often see muscle strains, ligament sprains, and pinched nerves (including radiculopathy and sciatica) which can cause arm and leg pain, as well.
- Shoulder pain: While seat belts save lives and ALWAYS should be worn, they can cause shearing at the shoulder during an accident. Possible issues include rotator cuff strains, joint dislocation, and brachial plexus injury (damage to the "nerve highway" in the shoulder).
- Dashboard knee: if the knee is forcefully jammed against the dashboard, a person can experience things like kneecap fracture, kneecap dislocation, hematomas, and swelling.
Why "Feeling Fine" After an Auto Accident May Not be The Whole Picture
If you have an auto accident injury, you may assume you'd notice it right away. But fight or flight hormones can mask signs and symptoms of pain and inflammation until they return to their normal level following trauma. The lesson? ALWAYS seek chiropractic care following an auto accident. You'll never know for sure if you have an underlying injury unless you get evaluated.
How a Chiropractor in Fremont Diagnoses And Treats Auto Accident Injury
Our services can resolve acute inflammation and prevent long-term complications related to auto accident injury (including recurring and chronic neck pain). For instance:
- Adjustments stimulate the nervous system to release feel-good hormones and reduce pain; they also realign your spine and decrease postural stress and tension
- Modalities like low-level laser therapy speed healing by enhancing blood flow and cellular metabolism
- Soft tissue massage relieves adhesions, swelling, and tissue tension while improving circulation and lymphatic drainage
Did You Have a Recent Auto Accident? Schedule an Examination At Our Brainard Chiropractic in Fremont, NE
For help with your auto accident injury, contact Brainard Chiropractic at (402) 727-8668 to schedule an appointment with a Fremont chiropractor.